Friday, March 24, 2006

Time to Arise!

I've recently been back from the Ignite Conference held at Cornerstone Church and boy, was it a timely refresher for my tired and thirsty soul. The speakers were wonderful, and they gave so much good advise on how to make your church youth group grow numerically and spiritually. No one has ever spoken specifically on this kind of subjects and it was fantastic. I was seeminglg the only one wolfing down the information on my notebook though. Most of the other youths who attended were just purely listening to the jokes and anedotes that the speaker told. Maybe they were too young, too immature or something. I don't know... I'm just happy I got the information I need.

And have you heard the new Hillsong United Album United We Stand? That's one really fantastic album! I got it free of charge during the Ignite Conference and it opened my eyes to what youths can do through worship. Don't just get the CD, get the version with the bonus DVD track. Watch the record of the concert and you will see youths jumping about and praising God! The music is pulsing and really catchy. I highly recommend you to listen to it. Before long, you'll be singing along with the CD. And ladies, I think you'll agree with me that Joel Houston, one of the worship leaders, there is really good-looking too!

My favorite song in the album is "From The Inside Out". Lead by Joel, it is a slow and powerful worship song that depicts how God can lead and thus change your life. Beautiful song. The other really nice songs include "The Time Has Come" and "Take It All". The Hillsong United band has been blessed over the years under Darlene Zschech and recently they have officially been labelled the church's youth band.

From these two incidents, I have obtain a vision and a goal for the Agape Youth and I really hope that the youths, especially the leaders, will rise to the occasion. If any of you are reading this, please post some of the ways the youth can improve over the next few months. I will also be holding a meeting some time soon to discuss the changes that I hope to implement. Will be looking forward to your imputs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey bro..
where's the AOP?? still no plans yet?? hurry.. time's not waiting..

Victor said...

eh relac lar... No need chiong wan this kind of things... Why you even more gan jiong den me.. And next time put your name there leh.. Jason Goh...