Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My God Provides

Met my dad for dinner today. Before we met, this was his SMS.
I'll be a wee bit late. While waiting, think of what you very much like to have for dinner. Fret not, I'm feeling rich! Love Dad :-)
That's my dad, always trying to clear my insecurities. One can't help but love him for trying so staunchly to do that.

When he arrived, he proudly showed me a $17,000 check for a project that he had been working all year long. All of a sudden, my huge worry regarding the fees for Andrew's Media and Communications Studies in the University of Queensland disappeared. The sum was enough to pay off 1 out of the 3 semesters that he will be doing in Australia, as well as provide a cushion in case any trouble was to happen.


God is truly wonderful! Despite being semi-retired and earning inconsistently, God still provides opportunities for him to work on small projects and bring home something for the family!


For today, I felt happy enough to suggest eating at Inagiku after that. Had one of the most delicious (and expensive) dinners in my life, and a long, memorable conversation on my future career direction(s).



Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. -Paul (1 Tim 6:17)

No comments: