Sunday, February 27, 2005

This is gonna be my first blog. On the Web. So everyone can know about my life. Somewhere I can keep talking about myself all day and no one would tire hearing me out. Some place where nobody's opinion matters. Some corner where I can entertain, store and revisit my wildest, most secretive, and forbidden dreams. Wow.

Honestly, I love writing and penning down my thoughts. But I don't have a computer or a notebook at my disposal every minute of the day, so like most of you daydreamers out there, majority of my thoughts vanish like the whispered sweet nothings between two lovers. Then when I get some time to face the keyboard and type something, my mind goes blank. Talk about writers' block.

Maybe I shall begin by explaining the reason for the title I decided to give my new blog. Afflicted Beauty. Affliction and Beauty. The only two things in the world that will make a man weep. Every cause for a man's tears is pinpointed down to these two reasons. Think harder and tell me if you don't agree. (By the way, I didn't derive this concept. Read it from a book.)

Oh, I'm also a champion for Christ. Gladiator, ambassador and warrior. Most of us Christians are, but it's a matter of how many are willing to go out there to fight that battle, join in the war. I've watched Hector from the movie Troy, and I think he's a perfect example. Watch the movie to find out who I'm talking about.

Besides ladies, I do have a soft spot for romantic and passionate novels or movies. Get kinda high from watching them, and one can pluck some ideas from such sources once in a while. But it ain't "cool" to tell the boys that I'd prefer watching "A Very Long Engagement" to "Constantine". It just ain't "cool" enough. Gentleman, now you know. Ladies, don't ask me why. It's a rather complex ego problem. I may elaborate as the days go by, provided I actually take up blogging as a habit.

Gonna be outfield for the next few days, lying on my hammock and watching the NSmen set up their bridges. Boring stuff. But that's the army. Someone's gotta do those shit. The only thing that's driving me crazy abut the army is the pure lack of female presence in it. Commanding heck-care NSmen and smelling umpteen varieties of male BO is enough to keep one awake all night. I know some of you ladies think that guys smell like cookies. Well, I beg to differ. This is Singapore, not Hollywood.

Darn, gotta pack my bag to book-in to camp tonight. Andrew is also pestering to use the computer. Maggot. (Sounds like SSM huh?) NiteZ all...

No comments: