Monday, January 08, 2007

Faith Works Wonders, Trust Me

I hope the new year is going great for you people out there. Doesn't seem like a new year to me... Probably because I haven't started school yet. Actually school starts tomorrow, or should I say, today.

Didn't do too well last semester. Well, not THAT bad... I should be happy given the amount of study I put in. But it's kinda tough when you see so many people close to you getting a cap of 4.9 or 4.5 out of 5. Absolutely disgusting. Haha... But yes, I should count my blessings indeed. And no, I won't post my cap on my blog. If you want to know, come ask me. And I only do exchanges. Haha...

Will be taking a good number of weird modules this semester. Something on Einstein's Theory of Quantum Weirdness, Japanese Social Institutions, Social Research and Theory, Singapore Society and Japanese Language 2. Yes, they sound really boring. I hope I don't get turned off and fall asleep too soon. At least not till midterm.... Please please please...

Anyway, I think I've gotten fat during the holidays. I've asked people and they don't think so. But I think we know ourselves better larZ... When the fat starts hitting in... People don't see doesn't mean it don't exist. (Metrosexual rating for this paragraph is 9.9/10. Normal Victor is 3.5/10)

Anyway, was talking to the church guys during the sharing in the youth service. I meant every word when I said that God really can do miracles. That faith in His power brings out the very best in us. Why not? Given that it was Him who created you, surely He knows you better than you know yourself! However, the pride of Man has been his downfall. Man refuses to rely on what he cannot see (eg. God), and to put his trust in the things that he can (eg. himself). But we have heard testimonies from Christians all over the world testifying to the power of God to turn situations 180 degress around! Why then aren't we believing? The Bible says that those who see God and believe are blessed, but those who do not see God and believe are even more blessed! Come on! Don't ever let the devil blind you to such truths! He wants to plant seeds of doubt into your mind! Push him out and let God reign in your heart. Trust me, and let God work in your life. It's life-changing. I cannot emphasize it more. It truly is life-changing.

Anyway thanks for the compliment on the worship last Sunday David. I'm sure the band will improve even more in the long term, but as long as everyone felt God's presence during the worship I am 100% satisfied. Personally I enjoyed it so much I didn't really care about whether the music was good or not. What comes first is that God was honored and glorified, and that the youths slowly pick up the fact that during worship, God is watching you and His view of you is more important than that of your friends around you. That worship means you behave the way you do because you love God and not as others expect you to be. I believe that praise and worship can be so fun that we can do it forever when we are in heaven. I've felt that "high" during worship services before, and I think some of you have felt it too.

I sure can't wait to go to Heaven... =) But I'll stay here as long as you want me too Lord.

No comments: