Friday, February 29, 2008

Meaningless Words

Sometimes when I do my QT, I ponder about the "important" things that I should have done for the day. And sometimes I realized I've done nothing to add to my treasure chest in Heaven.

One can tell God "I love You" everyday, but does nothing to show it, is nothing more than a hypocrite. He's probably worse of than someone who doesn't even believe God exists. Why? Because you know, but you don't do. The Bible says that is equivalent to sinning. And if THAT'S truly the case, I'm a dead man. I mean, that probably goes to show that I sin all the time.

Adding on to the severity of the problem, as a teacher of the Word, or the head of the Teaching Ministry in the church youth group, the burden and punishment is heavier. The Bible also says that those who teach have the responsibility to ensure that what continues on is pure and right, and most importantly, of the Bible. Now a teacher who speaks but does not do, what good is it? Doesn't that double the hypocritical accusation thrown at him/her?

From many perspectives, it seems like the sins are doubled on my side. And yes, I would agree with anyone who says it is so. Does it mean there is no hope? Who would want to teach unless he/she goes into full time ministry?

I think, it only goes to show that God's grace is doubled for those "on top" as it is doubled for those "below". But the lukewarm is spat out. Ouch. No one should be in the middle.

No comments: