Saturday, October 02, 2010

A Turn-Around and a Thanksgiving Post

For the people who have been praying for me, this post is a thanksgiving to God and to you all. My prayer life is back on track, and I've been comforted by His words to me. I was also thoroughly refreshed from the worship practice and flag day today, and though I'm really tired now, I believe God deserves recognition without delay!

It has been His grace that has allowed me to persevere with reading the Bible daily, and on Wednesday, I found some of my long-awaited questions answered. With regards to my question on my next career step, the verse from Joshua 1:9 was how the Lord chose to reply.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

The Lord has left the ball in my court, with the promise that He would stand by me in every decision I make. I knew it was Him, for a huge weight of anxiety was suddenly lifted from me, and an amazing joy swept through me with the freedom that accompanied it. However, it is still my responsibility to make Him obvious to my colleagues, wherever I choose to go in the end, and to ensure that His name is glorified through my words and deeds.


It was also by His providence that two friends decided to do something which had the effect of touching me deep within. One of them wrote a long letter, as he always does when he finds something amiss with my spiritual walk from my blog post; another sent a song which touched her heart to all her church friends in which I was included. The correspondence with the former shook me up a little, while the song and openness with her vulnerability of the latter inspired me to lead the song for youth worship tomorrow.


I find myself now looking forward to every word that comes from Him, and in His time, my questions will be answered.



The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. -David (Psalms 119:130)

No comments: