Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A General and a Prince

I'm a prince. Really. Hands up who's reading who doesn't believe. What?! So many hands... Well, you can be a prince too, you know...

And what's more, I'm a prince of the most powerful, most loving King in the entire Universe. And I'm not joking! He has the most beautiful palace in a paradise He created Himself called Heaven, and I've got my own palace there too... He has prepared a glorious, shimmering white gown for me that no other prince on this Earth can boast of, and I've got countless jewels all over my lovely home. Each jewel has it's own name and a person's face, a face of another prince or princess whose palace is somewhere in Heaven too.

I'm an imperial general too. However, I don't have armoured tanks or infantry with spears and guns under me. I have something much more powerful actually. Under my command are these winged creatures that resemble something like that of a human, but with gigantic wings, each holding a flaming sword bestowed to him personally by my Father the King Himself. My own weapon is many times more powerful. It cuts through the body, mind, spirit and even the soul. It's power comes from the Father Himself, like a lightsabre in Starwars. This weapon makes even the Devil tremble! Holding a banner representing my Father, my birthright and my position in Heaven, I will go to war with the Devil and his minions, and I will surely be victorious for the Father will be watching over me. All glory be to His name!

A prince and a general! Now isn't that a grand thought! And it's not something I'm gonna be, it's a position I already have. Right now as I speak, I'm performing my duties with great joy already. If I use my human eyes to view the people on this Earth, they would look something like what you might see normally everyday. However, if you were to look at the world through the eyes of the Father, you might see things in a whole new perspective. People who looked poor in terms of material wealth can be extremely rich in terms of spiritual wealth that only the Father can bestow. People who look frail and under-nutritioned can actually be extremely powerful and well-endowed in the eyes of the Father, doing great works and conquering demons and their armies daily.

And guess what? The only opinion that matters is the Father's opinion.

For it is the Father who will decide our fate, and our welfare for the rest of eternity. He is the King and no other will override His promises. He gives wisdom and blessings in His own time, and does things that many would think is unfair, but is actually the wisest decision. We might not see it until we review our lives again, but those who fear the Lord will have faith and trust in Him, and He shall not withhold blessing to a faithful child.

Are you a general or a prince yet? Maybe you're not. Worse still, maybe you are, but you refuse to acknowledge it! Think about it readers. It's time to go to war.

For Jesus!

*Puts on my armor, my robe, grabs my sword and rushes out, of the Father's palace into this world to war, uttering a shout of victory even before the battle begins. A ray of light encompasses me as my steely sword slews enemy after enemy, each and everyone cracking beneath the Word of God.*

No comments: