Monday, May 09, 2005

Having Tea with God

Here I am in my office again. It's late at night, and I don't usually stay in, but I have to this time because I'll be moving out early with the NSmen for their preparation shoot for range. Can't complain though, I'm blessed to be able to stay out already...

My handphone is buzzing again. I glance at the message. It's G. My precious little G. I'm wondering why I call her "my precious" when she's not even mine yet. Hmmm... Sometimes it can feel so much like she's mine even though we haven't heard a confirmation from God yet.

I realize that I'm not talking to God so often anymore. Sometimes I wonder, if a person communicates with God really closely, would he or she have to write a blog? There would be no need what... Our conversations with the Most High is imprinted with the purest gold somewhere in Heaven and not by micromolecules on a computer screen... Then why do people do it still?

I believe in all of us there lies an urge to share our feelings with someone special to us, or with alot of people. You want a special someone to read your blog. Or maybe you want the bully in class to know how you feel. Or maybe blogging gives you a chance to express your feelings to someone out there who will just quietly listen to your emotions, the outpouring of your heart, and who will understand perfectly whatever you're going through.

Ever wondered who that special someone is? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that someone is Jesus. Alot of people treat prayer as a ritual, some going to extremes such as lighting of candles, prostration on the ground, or even cutting one's own skin to draw blood. All these actions are done with the hope that the higher being he or she is praying to will listen, and that their actions will be seen as sincerity.

I can't think of another religion in which the Supreme Being invites you a tea with Him, or Who is there whenever you need Him, no matter how good or bad you've been the entire day. Or Someone who promises you a place in Heaven, or Someone who promises His love which is higher, greater and purer than any other. Agape love. Wow.

Prayer to the True Supreme Being does not require candles, prostration of the drawing of blood. It does not require a proper format of words, just your true feelings. It just requires your sincerity and innocence, with the addition of faith in the fact that He is listening and in control of the future. It's a simple conversation that can take place anywhere, anytime, anyhow. It can be said in your heart, in a whisper, or even out loud! God wants to hear how you feel. Realize that I said God wants to "hear", because He already knows how we feel.

One friend told me that prayer is giving God to license to work miracles in our lives. It isn't a demand that God MUST meet, it's just an act of releasing all dependancy on ourselves onto God. And He'll willingly do it for you, because He already advised us to give all our burdens to Him. ALL. But sometimes we just like to hold on to those things that build up our status to where we are today. We think that we deserve it becase we work hard for it. That's incorrect. We have it because God gave it to us, and we are to use it for His glory and purpose. If not, He might just take it away to teach us a lesson.

Aiyo, I'm beginning to sound like I know God very well like that. Honestly, whatever I know is from the Bible and that alone. And that's quite alot already. But I firmly believe whatever God wants to tell us about Himself, is already in the Bible.

The Bible is God's Autobiography, read it!

No comments: