Saturday, May 28, 2005

Physical Beauty and Heart Beauty

Amongst the Beautiful and the Afflicted in this world, I can only admit that I just one of the Afflicted. Beauty has always awed me, stunned me, shocked me, even bringing tears to my eyes. How shall I describe the amazing encounted with Beauty?

Can you recall the last time you came across one of the Beauties? A Beauty need not be a girl, unlike the fairy tales of the old. A Beauty can be a man, a creature, a scenery or even a god. Beauty is also seen in two main ways.

Firstly, Beauty can be viewed in the perspective of the Physical. This is the outer skin, the layer of creation as seen by the eye, the kind that produces almost immediate reaction by those who have sight.

Secondly, Beauty can also be viewed in the perspective of the Heart. This is what is known to mankind as "Inner Beauty", a phrase tossed about like lettuce in a salad mix. Visually, it isn't stunning, nor is its effects immediate. The eyes are biased against it, many times mocking it for the lack of "earthly beauty". There are only a small number who can see this class of Beauty more often, and they are the wise, the humble and the blind. For such discerning ability requires the Sight of the Divine, which allows one to get a glimpse of another creation's Soul.

I cannot say that I have such ability. Many times, I have chosen the physical over the heart when it comes to a choice between both Beauties. What about you? Do you possess Divine Sight, or do you long for it?

1 comment:

Miniling said...

hey why inspired you to make such an entry? did sumthing happened tat impacted you? sorry tat i din contact you fer so long... things haven been well i'm trying to cope. btw add me under your link yeah? www.petiteone.blogspot.com

i'm peilin