Monday, April 21, 2008

Mugging for Exams

Ngee Ann Polytechnic is quite a nice place! Went to the library there this afternoon to study with Jowyne and Candice. But I think I'm probably the only one who really got anything done. Jowyne was busy talking to her two friends most of the time (at least when I was there, haha!) and Candice slept and 4am the night before so she was busy trying hard to keep away most of the time. Had a late lunch at a nice canteen, but boy, is the food there expensive. Candice and I both agreed NUS food is a lot cheaper. Haha...

I'm kind of done with Sociology of Tourism, and I'm working on Sociology of Power at the moment. I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful insights that Sociology has given me, and everything I learn shows me all the more why God wanted to save us in the first place. It's quite a sad picture really, of life in this world. However, I want to do something to change it, to help people. Ever negative, Sociology always argues that there is no way out, and any action is contributing even more a vicious cycle in the bigger picture, or an attempt to slow down the destruction process. However, one must try. I always see myself as someone who thinks and agrees with Marx, holds a Durkheim-like hope for society, and endeavors to solve the problems from the perspective of a Weberian, independent bureaucracy. Troublesome really, because all of them conflict right from their very fundamentals.

I still have quite a bit from Sociology to complete, as well as Modern Japanese Religions, Japanese Language 4 and Sociology of Deviance to settle. Must remember to really thank God for the essays that have just been returned! I got a stunning A+ for my Sociology of Tourism essay and a pretty good A- for Sociology of Deviance essay. Amazing really. God has been good to me. I still have the Sociology of Power essay and Modern Japanese essay yet to be returned to me at the moment, but I trust God that everything will turn out as He will, not as I have planned.

Okay, I've been slacking too much. Tend to go into Facebook mood once I sit in front of the computer with an internet connection. Sigh. Back to books!

No comments: