Friday, January 09, 2009

Right Inside You All Along

Just like to thank officially thank David for adding a tune and chords to the song I wrote in July (so long ago!) Anyway if you're interested it's on his blog.

Went cycling myself today from East Coast Park to Changi Beach and back. Stopped by the jetty to read Isaiah 5 out loud facing the sea. I love the sensation of the wind blowing against me, taking the words I read to God-knows-where. But no matter, it's between Him and me. The first time I did something similar was with Richard and Yaosheng on one of the huge rocks by the sea, reading our favorite psalm out loud. Ever since that time, I always had a yearning to do it again, and today I got my wish. Continuing on along the route, I kept singing the Christian songs that popped into my head, one after another. It's a wondrous feeling, and definitely not a coincidence that it was the really "old" songs, not the Hillsong, Chris Tomlin ones that came back again and again. Didn't care if people smiled at me or looked at me as if I were weird, they probably won't see me or remember me anyway. When my voice was spent, and my thighs began to ache, I just spent the time praying and asking God to speak. A time spent like no other, such peace among the beautiful greenery by the seaside! When I reached the jetty on the way back again, I just had to stop and read Psalms 103 out loud to the waves again. Subway sandwich for lunch, a song inspiration came to me as I was on the way home on the bus. Talk about random timings. Like the one that David just added the music to, it was about her, as my thoughts haven't wandered very far elsewhere the last few weeks, but for the glory of God alone.

Reached home, played a bit of basketball at the court downstairs, but nobody joined me, so I went back up after 45 mins for a good book. When Dad and Mum came home, it was time for my Yoshinoya buta-don which I prepared for the family for dinner. Cooking is so enjoyable when it's for those whom you love. +)

Anyway, the song is below. The tune and chords are more or less fixed, might added one more verse and/or a bridge later on.


Right Inside You All Along

Is it you?
Or is it me?
Or is the whole damn world stopping us
From a love so free?

Is it that guy?
Or is it those girls?
It is no wonder why
That deep inside you hurt

Why... Do you look for love
Everywhere on this Earth?
Why... Do you put your hope
In people when you aren't sure
Tell me why... Oh why do you
Cry yourself to sleep every night
When the love you've searched for so long
Has been right there
Right inside you all along

No comments: