Monday, September 06, 2010

Norwegian Wood



My favorite book throughout my university life has finally been turned into a movie! Best thing is, it's in the Japanese language with Japanese actors!

There's something about stories with lots of explosive sexual release, where the female leads are impossibly gorgeous but mysteriously impossible to read, and where each dialogue is loaded with connotations and double-meanings which draws me to no end. Can't wait. I only hope that by the time December arrives, I would have someone like that to watch this movie with.




Even if for my own good, I know I shouldn't.





I have a lot more patience for others than I have for myself, and I'm much better at bringing out the best in others than in myself. That's just the kind of person I am. I'm the scratchy stuff on the side of the matchbox. But that's fine with me. I don't mind at all. Better to be a first-class matchbox than a second-class match. -Reiko Ishida, Norwegian Wood

If you think about it, an unfair society is a society that makes it possible for you to exploit your abilities to the limit. -Nagasawa, Norwegian Wood

1 comment:

Victor said...

Watching, anyone?