Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An Extravagant Request

Should I die before my dream is fulfilled, let it be recorded that the author of this blog, like Elisha the prophet once did ask extravagantly, desired to have:

The zeal of D.L. Moody,
The conviction of John Sung,
The fundamental beliefs of Charles R. Fuller,
The dramaticness of Billy Sunday,
The Bible memory of Dawson Trotman,
The charisma of Billy Graham,
The scholarly language of C.S. Lewis,
The preaching authority of C.H. Spurgeon,
The determination of Eric Liddell,
The friendliness of Bill Bright,
The forgiveness of Corrie ten Boom,
The eyes of Fanny Crossby,
The love for the weak and helpless of Martin Luther King Jr.,
The hardiness of David Livingstone,
The vision of George Verwer.




But should God answer none of these requests, all this author wants is this:


The heart of Jesus Christ.




I have settled it once and for all with the Lord. No girl or friend or anything shall ever come first in my life. I have resolved that the Lord Jesus shall have all of me. I care not what the future holds. I have determined to follow Him at any cost. -Billy Graham, after a disappointing romance where the girl whom he was courting chose someone else. God later provided Ruth Bell, described as an "unusually beautiful woman, popular, and a devoted Christian". That she accepted Graham's proposal for marriage said much because her ideals for a marriage partner were well-known to be unreasonably high.


Ruth Bell's cheeks appear from frequent smiling!




But if I want you to remain single until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me. -Jesus, to Valentino, on a depressingly cold and lonely December night in 2008.

No comments: