Saturday, May 02, 2009

Sickness and Examinations

Victor only gets really bad tempered on two occasions. Firstly, when he's very tired AND very hungry, and secondly, when he gets sick.

The last 24 hours was a killer. It started out with a toothache; my wisdom tooth suddenly decided to force its way out. Then, it subsided because of a worser event, I think it's food poisoning. Won't be eating the mixed food from that stall for a while. I puked, I purged, my temperature fluctuated randomly and I could hardly sleep. It's funny when you see food in it's original form coming out of your arse. It's not funny when it comes out of your mouth and through your nose. Sorry if I scared you Tams.

On top of that, I had an exam later today too. Couldn't study because my hands were too weak to draw the mind-maps, and I kept stoning or looking at my Restaurant City game if I weren't puking and shitting my guts out. And to think that my brain and my hand could settle the Hell's Kitchen game and hit a high score even then. But no, I didn't want to study. Tried to sleep, but fever came up and the room became too cold to stay in for long, so I moved to the sitting room. Thank God my prayers were answered and I reached semi-sleep mode from 4-7am, and from 7am to 10am.

When I woke up, I called my disciples to pray for me urgently, and I gobbled a banana just before going to school. Downed a bottle of 100 plus before the paper to replace the salt content and prayed that the gas might be released from my stomach. I still didn't want to study, so all I could do was hope that my conscientious work over the semester helped. And it did.

Thanks for those who knew my plight and prayed for me. Despite shivering throughout the entire exam, feeling really sleepy and weak, with occasional breathlessness, with God's help I penned out one of the best Soci papers for this final examination. Even better than the last two, despite being much more adequately prepared for those. In a way, doing mind-maps and having fixed pictures to regurgitate during exams are useful, but it also fixes me to stringent models that aren't flexible. However, for this paper, I just went in knowing what I knew, and God enabled me to draw links and make connections that I would not have made if I stuck to mind-maps. "In my weakness is His strength made known."



All glory to You Lord.



I haven't fully recovered yet, but it's getting much better. At least no more puking and the fever is becoming more occasional. Oh, I'm now at my lowest weight ever, 73.4kg. Yes, my goal is to hit 70kg, but not with puking and purging please. It's a terrible, painful way to suffer.




He that eats till he is sick must fast till he is well. -Hebrew Proverb

No comments: