Thursday, March 25, 2010

-

It was a crazy run, but it's 200 dollars into my pocket! Thank God for the IPPT silver. +)


It was dinner at Burger Shack after that. A nice double with some of the most delicious wagyu beef that even made the huge vegetable leaf taste good.




Then I saw you. No, not you in person; just a photograph of you with two of your besties. Hanging on a white string with the hundreds of other photos and faces on the beige wall. I took the photograph down and stared at it for a long time. I contemplated keeping the photograph for an even longer time.




"You're like a stalker."




I can't remember if it was my dinner buddy or a voice in my head that said that. But I really really wanted to keep that photograph. It took me an enormous burger, a handful of French fries and a can of A&W root beer before I made up my mind.



Your beauty is far too wonderful to be kept in my drawer of memories. It would be far better if it could be shared with the rest of the world, even if the majority would be nothing but hamburger munchies who probably didn't give two hoots about any other photograph but theirs.





Should the ache become too crushing to bear, I can always come back for another meal. Slowly, I clipped the photograph back. And I smiled at my dinner buddy, made a self-depreciating joke, as if nothing happened. But at least I have a photo in a photo to keep for now.





One day, you must tell me what the words "preenz imida" mean.







A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her.
-Anonymous

No comments: