Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Man's Plans

Over the last few days, I've received rejections for most of the government jobs I've applied for. Either that, or else a nil reply. No opportunity for an interview except one (which was over in 10 mins because I told them straight that I would not sacrifice my Sundays).


They've probably read my Sociology essays, my emails, and my Facebook postings to know well enough I'm not exactly the most pro-government person in Singapore.


Then again, maybe not.




In retrospect, it's a good thing, really. I wouldn't know how to reply if I received a positive response, mainly because I'm not exactly interested. And those that I'm interested in require me to work on Sunday mornings.


But it's also daunting and freaky to sense that God might just be serious about me joining full-time immediately after graduation, and He's doing so by causing every agency I've applied for to reject me despite of my credentials. And I never asked for anything above $2.6K too, though the government payout pegged for my level of achievement is supposedly $3.5K. Funny.





Maybe I should add a photograph next time.







Plan for this world as if you expect to live forever; but plan for the hereafter as if you expect to die tomorrow. -Ibn Gabirol

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
-Solomon (Proverbs 19:21)

No comments: