Monday, July 26, 2010

My Deliverer and My Stronghold

While David and I were at the airport rushing to catch our flight, while Pastor Anong and the kids were on their way back to Ban Chang, a bomb had gone off in central Bangkok.


Let it be known that our God is a God who delivers, and no harm can befall those whom He loves unless He wills it.



I'm going to miss our wonderful hosts. Undoubtedly, they've restored my love for children, to the point that it made me wish I were a father with children of my own.




In a place where people are frank and direct with their feelings, yet sensitive to yours. In a place where adults never really grow up, and behave like no one's watching. In a place where children jump up high to hug you, even if all they can reach is your waist. In a place where no one really thinks about traveling any further than the outskirts of town, attaining huge paychecks and becoming famous. In a place where food is the basis of all fellowship and laughter, where everyone teased everyone, where you fell in love and married your best friend. In a place where everyone helped their neighbors build houses, and played soccer when it started to get boring or tiring.



I'm reminded that not everyone pursues the American dream.



And I'm reminded that maybe, just maybe, home is somewhere else.





Somewhere beyond the blue and out of the reach of time.







The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. -David (Psalm 18:2)

If we really think that home is elsewhere and that this life is a wandering to find home, why should we not look forward to the arrival? -C.S. Lewis

No comments: