Friday, March 13, 2009

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Old saying: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Joke at Love The World Bar: If absence makes the heart grow fonder, a lot of people must love church!

Valentino Casanova: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. The longer people are absent, the more God's heart grows fond of them, and subsequently the more joy it brings to Him when we bring them back into His arms.



Since the start of this year, I'll often wake up in the middle of the night, reaching out for someone who isn't there. My entire soul will then suddenly cave in as like a vacuum: weeping for a partner to love, craving for a soft body to protect, desperate for an intimate physical and psychic connection. Hugging my bolster brings temporary comfort, and I hide my face lest God should notice the loneliness in my eyes. I don't want You to think that You're not enough for me. Ever. God is perfect, and if I feel like this, the problem must lie within me.

If I'm not ready Lord, then why does my heart long for someone so badly?
If it's not time Lord, then why do these feelings haunt my mind?
If it's not in Your will Lord, then why does temptation pit my hormones against my commonsense so often?

Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. But one begins to wonder what happens if the absence is extended much longer than one's hope can possibly be stretched.

No comments: