Thursday, March 26, 2009

Korean Superstar

There's a really popular band in Korea at the moment called Wonder Girls. Richard introduced the band to me upon his return from Japan some time in January, and despite his continuous assertions of the beauty of the band members, I didn't have a single urge to find out who they were.

Then Andrew came home today and told me about this MTV starring the Wonder Girls. He kept on going about how his fellow NSFs were going gaga about this band, kept their posters and kept debating about who's the prettiest member. So I took a good look at the MTV on Youtube, and then something caught my eye. I googled for a clearer picture of the superstars, and this was what I found.


I took out one of the few photographs that I have left of you and showed both of them to Andrew right after he finished his bath. The conversation went something like this:

Victor: Andrew, take a look at these two photos.
Andrew: Huh? Oh her again. Can't you ever get your mind off her?
Victor: What do you think?
Andrew: Seems like she just changed her hairstyle. Nothing else special.
Victor: This (pointing to your photo) is you-know-who. That (pointing to the photo above) is Kim Yoobin, one of the Wonder Girls.
Andrew: Oh my god.
Victor: And you laugh at me for not being able to take my mind off her.

One of the hottest girls in Korea. The gym session just earlier in the evening saved a patch of wall in my room so that nothing more than paint came off.


I went on to soak myself under the shower for god-knows-how-long.


I always said your classmates were spot-on when they nicknamed you "Korean Superstar". Not so sure about your other friend "Japanese Superstar". But they were right about you.

The biggest irony? The MTV is called "Nobody (But You)". It's a nice, catchy song, and the MTV is funny too. The translation is below. Hope you blog hoppers enjoy it.





Nobody

You know I still love you baby
And it will never change

I want nobody, nobody but you
I want nobody, nobody but you
I don't want anyone else
I can't have anyone but you
I want nobody nobody, nobody nobody

Why are you trying to push me away? I hate it.
You ignore what I am saying
Why are you trying to send me to other guys?
Why are you doing this?

Saying that this is for my own good
Saying that you are just not enough
Stop it right now, you know me well enough
Why are you forcing what you know I don't want?

I'm satisfied, I'm happy
If I have you I don't want for anything else
Who do you want me to meet and be happy with?
I can't be happy away from your side

Saying that this is for my own good
Saying that you are just not enough
Why can't you understand that it makes no sense?
How can I be happy without you?

I don't want nobody, body body
I don't want nobody, body body
Really, if it is not you
I hate it!

Back to the days
When we were so young
And wild and free
Everything was just like a dream
I want to go back to those times
Why do you keep on pushing me away?
Why do you push me away?
I don't want nobody, nobody
Nobody nobody but you

No comments: