Thursday, June 25, 2009

Enthusiasm

Today was a busy day, so I didn't get any peace and quiet to do my prayer and fast during lunch. All the teachers were buzzing around calling their students about the new procedures for containing the H1N1 virus. Even I had students to call, now that I'm also the new temporary co-form teacher for a Secondary 3 class.

But as I ponder about inner transformation for revival, a Heineken advertisement just kept popping into my head. One thing about the advantage about starting revival among youths and young adults is that unlike most older adults, the chance of inspiring and exciting them are much, much higher. Adults are more skeptical, having "seen much of the world" and thus more or less unable to become enthusiastic about revival.

Enthusiasm starts from within, and spreads contagiously. But it affects the heart, a near parallel to this incurable disease called love. As I look at the advertisement, I notice the guy at 0:26min and I can't help but laugh at his expression.






But as the laughter simmers down and the undercurrents of giggles come to an end, one wonders if enthusiasm for revival and the presence of God would ever match the enthusiasm that lovable blue-shirt fellow had for a walk-in fridge loaded with beer bottles.








Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-age are mortgaged to Life. The old are in Life's lumber-room. But youth is the Lord of Life! Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Every one is born a king, and most people die in exile.
-Oscar Wilde

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. -Paul

No comments: