Monday, October 05, 2009

Encouragement From A Best Friend

An encouraging letter from a best friend and close confidant is worth a million pearls from the deepest oceans.

Thanks Rich, you brightened up a gloomy week of empty dialogues with God into a reminder of the awesome sweet taste of His messages that can come from brothers and sisters in Christ. There's still much to improve on my side, and I cannot, in any way, see myself as better than the others as I come to have a greater comprehension of His holiness. You too, don't give up the fight on your side. I am also very encouraged to see how Eveleen is growing daily through your words and behavior, and I have great faith in the picture of the future to come. Let the poem below show you a direction that you can work on to bring your friends in Archi to a better exposure of Christ's love.



If you've never felt the sorrow of another person's grief,
If you've never felt an inner urge to want to bring relief,
To someone who's in trouble, with a kindly word or smile,
If you've never loved your neighbor as yourself, with all your might,
If you've never shed a tear drop at a pure and holy sight,
If others have not been blessed by something you have said,
You need have no fear of dying, Brother, you're already dead.


Thanks for the letter again, it's a clear sign to me that my best friend is alive. I've indeed been blessed. +)






Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints. -Paul (Philemon 1:7)

No comments: