Friday, October 02, 2009

Kisses By The Moonlight

The night heaves in anticipation
At the heartbeat of two lover's passion
As if telepathy really existed
Were foreheads pressed against one another

Eyes half-closed, vision blurred
The mind focused on lips semi-opened
With a raging desire to ravage and be ravaged
Curbed by etiquette to be delicate

Palm cupping crown and nape
Elbow cradling chin and jaw
Smelling the sweetness of breath
Wafting from trembling ruby red gates

Whisper my name, then sigh it loud
Tell me that you want me now
Tell me that it hurts so bad
To have me so near, yet having to beg

Are you cold my love?
Why art thou shivering in my arms?
Why did a tear roll down your eye,
As if translating our messages' silent cries?

No answer is required, nothing affirmed
In the darkness two souls burned
As the moonlight streams in waves
No illumination for the melding faces

No playful teasing for tonight
No appreciative peppering or sip
No exploration, none spoilt for taste
No slow, romantic lushes deep

Just an obsession to consume and hurt
A single-minded drive to crush and melt
When hard meets soft and contact spark
A drop of iron on the tongue

By the moonlight the lovers continue
Kisses hard, enough to draw blood
Passion strong, to sting desire into climax
Love like a signature, to brand and consummate





I can forget my very existence in a deep kiss of you. -Byron Caldwell Smith

It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it. -Christian Nevell Bovee

No comments: