Saturday, December 06, 2008

New Year Resolutions

Exams over! FINALLY! Thanks to God for bringing me through more smoothly than I could have ever expected, despite the struggles before and during the exam period. Thanks to everyone who were just there to listen to my problems, give me advice and pray for me. But now that the exams are over... I kinda feel listless again. I want to continue praying for her, but I also risk the hurt that comes from being reminded about her every time I do so. Love. Such a dangerous weapon.

Anyway New Year resolution time! Time to get my mind off the not-so-happy stuff. (I know some of you are going to laugh your balls off after reading this, but I don't care!!)

1. Achieve Gold Standard for IPPT which will happen latest March (only problem is 2.4km run; never ever accomplished in my life)
2. Get a six pack (kinda cheating given all the weight loss over the exam period. And no Nick, I don't mean a six pack can of your whoop-ass beer). I want to look like Calvin Klein model. So there. Hmmph.
3. Get my driving license by June.
4. Learn how to whip up my favorite home-cooked dishes. I finally learned how to cook rice! Amazing!
5. Besides worship leading and guitarist and being the 3rd/4th choice bassist (LOL), learn to serve as a keyboardist for the youth worship and main service by June.
6. Keep a diary of poetry and songs, minimum 20 of each by next year end.
7. Blog at least 5 times a month so people know how I'm doing.
8. Look for lobang to sing/perform in a public space or bar with some of the youths (Hey Matt how about B&J Cathay?)
9. Start training up another youth leader/s to take over teaching ministry by 2010.
10. Tell as many friends about Jesus as possible, and bring minimum 5 to Christ/church.

Anyone got better suggestions for me? Do post them on my tagboard, and let me know if you want to join me for any of them.

Jason!! IPPT before April let's start running Gold Standard!! Andrew you can come pace us if your fitness level is still there.

Nick, Andrew, Mum, you gotta teach me how to cook steam egg and mince pork, cold tofu, potato and green apple salad, scrambled eggs, spaghetti, chinese sausage rice, and yong tau foo! Healthy food only! (NO NICK! NO EXCESS OIL AND LARD IN MY FOOD!!)

David, let's see you pump chords and tunes as fast as I pump lyrics. All the heartache needs an outlet for good use. I've yet to hear the tune for the last song I gave you mid this year!

Andrew (sorry to bother you so many times), you need to teach me how to play keyboard for worship! No point I practical grade 8 theory grade 8 but only know how to read beansprouts and not know how to play the style the church wants.

Anyone can volunteer someone in the youth to do teaching with me! Start pointing fingers please!

Richard, Yaosheng! Time to bring Christ into the lives of our primary school classmates! Let's start with the guys first, then the ladies.

Matthew Yong! Just tell the B&J Cathay people we'll be ready by March. I'll do vocals and acoustic, David on the bass (and backup if he wants), you on the drums and Andrew on the keyboard. Any other people we'll see how. Let's start practicing ASAP!!

Alright! Let's see how many I can accomplish in 2009. GO GO GO!

No comments: