Sunday, February 01, 2009

-

I'm still smiling from the little excitement that coursed through my fragile being three days ago. I saw her, not for 5 seconds, but for a whole 2 hours. For much of the time it was a view from afar, often crowded with the bodies of others, but it was good enough for me.

She taught me how to fold a heart using paper, when my own heart was still in pieces.

She smiled at me more than once, albeit gingerly, and that unforgettable image is still firmly imprinted in my mind as I write this post.

She spoke to me, even when it was a simple question to confirm my attendance at the Befriender's Meeting this coming Monday.

Baseless hope, I know. But don't we all need that sort of stuff sometimes? And somewhere in our hearts a voice whispers to us, comforting us, that the longer we wait, the more pain we endure, the blurrier our dreams become...



The more beautiful the ending.

+) +) +)


Waiting produces a feeling
So strong
So crushing
So bittersweet
A crescendo towards an eternity
Of which our minds cannot fathom
Yet,
A reminder of Paradise to come

No comments: