Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little White Rose

If you're at home by now
Then open your front door
Shut your eyes awhile, then peer through them
And I promise there you'll find
A little white rose
And sixty-six little paper hearts
For the sixty-six silly reasons
Why you're still on my mind

You won't find my name on it
Could you tell that they came from me?
An ordinary man from the south
Staying just beside the sea

Oh little white rose
You remind me of a girl
So beautiful, so special
Worth more than a thousand million pearls
Could you do me a little favor?
And stand by her front door
Like the brave little soldier you are
Keep watch till she comes home
And when she finally sees you
Put on your biggest smile
Let her hold you in her hand
Like I wish she would hold me now

I know you won't last much longer
Promise me just for tonight
That you would be there to dry her tears
Should loneliness break her might
Shine with all the beauty
That God has thus clothed you
So she'll always remember
The sixty-six little paper hearts
With the sixty-six silly reasons
Why she's still on my mind

No comments: