Tuesday, February 03, 2009

-

Did you become prettier, or is it my favorite color playing tricks on my eyes again?

You were wearing the same white top which I first noticed you in. The image which captured my heart on the spot. "Faith" was the word printed on it. God knows how much of it I had lost. And also my gradual realization of how valuable it is to me.

It's silly, the propensity of my clumsiness when I'm around you. Embarrassing, but not entirely noticeable to the rest of the world. I hope.

And most of all, the way you lock eye contact with me when you speak. Confidence, innocence, seduction, who cares what people make out of such an act. A maddening drive, a prelude to insanity, an unspeakable force of attraction that extends the capabilities of the love language "physical touch" to new horizons that sensationalizes and mystifies irrational thought due to its very lack of scientific explanation for the absence of mutual physical interaction. Yet, the emotional ecstasy is indescribable.

A new revelation of self-awareness. I used to think that my attraction towards beautiful eyes was socially preconditioned by my (extremely biased) mum who told me straight in the face never to marry a girl without double eyelids, simply because she didn't want the "good-looking genome" to die off from the family gene pool. (Never genuinely thought of myself as that mesmerizing on the outside anyway.) But now I realize that it's also one of the reasons why you enthrall me so much.

Because I've never met a girl who can look me in the eyes like you do.


























They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. That if you can't look at someone you love in the eyes for long, you may be hiding something. Let me identify what that "something" is. It is Love. You're afraid to look and gaze, because you're afraid of falling in love. -Valentino Casanova

No comments: