Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Procrastination

AWAY FROM ME YOU DEMON OF PROCRASTINATION!!!!




Sigh. I'm totally suffering from inertia to write 5 full weeks of field reports for my thesis to be submitted to Dr. Hill. I know he isn't the type to push me for them (or anything at all for that matter), but the longer I drag this the more they're going to pile up week after week. Soon, I'll (predictably) have to start fishing for a new excuse to explain the absence of information.

School's starting next week, but the impending 4th driving test is on Friday and it's killing me la. I don't want to fail again! Such an insult to my manhood. Seriously. If any of you are reading this, please pray for me. I know some of you prayed for me the last time and I still failed, but I could always do with some still.


Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if talking to God can be tiring. There are days when I feel that it can be a total waste of time even spending 5 seconds with God. Today is one of them. Often, it is when there are so many things bombarding my mind, and/or a certain preoccupation with myself and my situations that even focusing on God for a moment is draining. Not a very good way to start the new year if you ask me.

I haven't been writing music either. Plus, Salsa class has stopped for an entire month due to the holiday season, and I haven't been dancing either. School still seems far away, and Facebook so near and convenient to use. It's strange sometimes how just staring at the Live Feed section can be so mesmerizing. Especially if you have more than 1000 friends like me, the Live Feed updates something new almost every 30 seconds!


Just when Meta gave me some encouragement to stop dreaming and start executing, this heavy weight of procrastination just ties my butt to the chair when I know I'm much much happier out of the house, interacting with friends or doing something with a certain aim or goal in mind. It's either my highly exaggerated fear of rejection or unworthiness, or the millstone of procrastination that suppresses the drive within.



I need to get off my butt. But dang, everyone seems so busy (except RJ of course). Argh. MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!







Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow. I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will - tomorrow! -Gloria Pitzer

Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing! -Donald Gardner

No comments: