Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Creep

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so very special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
You're so very special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell I'm doing here?
I don't belong here

She's running out again
She's running out
She runs runs runs runs

Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so very special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
I don't belong here





Sometimes, as the lyrics of this song by Radiohead go, I wonder why I try so hard to be special when I don't even belong. I was not created for a world such as this, so why do I labor to make myself so acceptable to people?

And why do you have to be so special to this world? And of all people, why do I have to fall in love with someone like you?




To the eyes of this world, if I'm not a creep or a weirdo, then I don't know who I am.






Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it. -Curtis Judalet

And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. -Anonymous (Hebrews 11:13b-14)

No comments: