Monday, August 03, 2009

First-time Music

A weekend of wacky things!


Friday night was a great time with old pals from university. And when you're with old friends, they MAKE you do wacky things. Went to a pub for a bottle when I suddenly got "invited" on stage to sing, courtesy of a plot by my buddies. Which makes it my first time singing at a pub. And the song was by MLTR too. Typical karaoke music, haha! Loads of first times huh?


Saturday morning, went to church to do a few recordings with some of the Agape Youth band members. A little amateurish, but it was great fun, albeit tiring. For your information, we only did each song twice: Once to rehearse, and the next one was the recording! (Warning: Can only be done if there's a lot of chemistry and experience among the band members) Well, we get the creme-de-la-creme of the youth band to perform (except for the vocals) and voila! There you got it. Something out of an imagination machine. But how many people can say they have recorded songs anyway. Will probably be expanding our repertoire to add more secular songs with fewer instruments to create a more unplugged, acoustic sound. Andrew and Nick says I've gotta reduce the amount of "emotion" in my singing. Personally I never really liked listening to my own voice. It's just bad quality to me. Sounds nothing like what I hear in my head. Think I'll get a reverb or echo pedal for my voice.



Anyway, do listen and let me know what you think! +)



You are music while the music lasts. -T. S. Elliot

Hear this, you kings! Listen, you rulers! I will sing to the LORD, I will sing; I will make music to the LORD, the God of Israel. -Judges 5:3

No comments: