Monday, August 10, 2009

To Ever Love Again

Shifting sands array the night sky
Like stars lost in the middle of the dark
Am I lost in wonder
Or nonchalant to the majesty
That intermittently litters my vision
Only to fade into the ordinariness
A background of melancholy shades

That love should be nothing but a game
That pain should jolt one awake to the end
That faith is a guiding light for those without a map
That hopes are glistering opals in a timeless cave

Sensations? What more could we want?
Emotions? What more could we throw?
Red clouds that bring rain
The morning will come again
But I still live in the night
It's a comfort like nothing else
Alone, all alone, bullied by no one

If I cover my eyes and ears
Maybe... perhaps...
I can have you in my dreams
Just to show you how I've been trying
Trying so hard to improve my smile







Do you fall for every guy who shows a little persistence? Do you sigh for every guy who forgets to reply your letters? Do your eyes glister in want for every guy that flashes a smile your way? Do you give yourself to a wink and a dance?




If it's going to be so easy to win your heart, then you mustn't be the one for me. It just pains me inside to see how many you will fall for before you realize you've been hurt one too many times to ever love again.







According to the laws of economic rationality, a woman will always choose the better man. According to the laws of love, a woman can actually feel that she's not good enough, and choose the weaker man. -Valentino Casanova

There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden. -Solomon (Prov 30:18-19)

No comments: