Sunday, July 19, 2009

Broken and Unworthy

Kisses by the moonlight
Lightly fluttering beside
Auburn silk, no highlights
Hair: flowing with soft sighs

Breathe, singing hushes
Pitches denied their blushes
Nocturnes my heart misses
Sashaying without noises

Hold me, ride my wings
Miss me, my soul sings
Heart me, don't be mean
Love me, be my queen


Broken.




If I were to dance to the rhythm of the night
If I were to shimmy down the city sights
Laugh not should I miss a step
Sigh not should them tears I shed
Be silent, a spectator remain
The love that guides knows not the pain
Not the hurt or anger or sadness, but
Sprouts lazily
Grows unsteadily
Stretches unwillingly

Yet, blossoms proudly

Red for the royalty in your blood
Orange for your passion's flame
Yellow for His light you shine
Green for the life you share
Blue for mercy like an ocean deep
Indigo for trust as the sun goes down
Violet for the smiles of a summer lavender

White for the mesmerizing beauty radiate

But Black deep within me
When you've been gone too long
When my heart is without song
When pain knocks on my door in throngs
When justice gives way to wrongs

Why open my eyes
When my world is darkness?
Why give words of encouragement
When my ears have become deaf?

Savior, God, King
Abandon not me alone
Cast me not from Your presence
Curse me not in Your anger
But grant Your servant just a while longer
To linger in Your splendor
Unworthy as he may be





Should the day arrive when my heart refuses to obey, should the time come when my mind refuses to submit, should the moment descend when my soul burns for another beside You, reveal the blackness in my spirit and consume all that is even a little unpleasing with the fire of Your holiness.
-Valentino Casanova

I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from?
-David (Psalms 121:1)

No comments: