Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Public Enemies

Was a great movie. Amazing. Totally brought out the romantic in me.

Tried searching for some of the most memorable quotes in the movie, but couldn't find it. I loved the part when John (the notorious bank robber) brought Billie (the hot American-Indian babe he picked up at a club) to an expensive restaurant. Inside, she looks really uneasy, and John asks if she is okay.

Billie: Can't you see that everyone's staring at me?
John: Why not? You're the most beautiful person in the room by far.
Billie: It's not that. Everyone here can tell when a woman walks in wearing a three-dollar dress.
(John looks around nonchalantly, camera picks up women looking at Billie)
John: Well, the people who come here look at where you come from. I, however, look at where you're going.
(John stands up, grabs Billie's hand, and saunters out of the restaurant)
John: Let's go some place where they'll appreciate our money.

Damn cool la. In one minute, John insults the entire elite class of Chicago. And boy, she didn't disappoint him. When he tells her that he'll be there for her, she believes him with every fiber of her being, even when in jail.

Can't blame her too. Who can resist the charms of a super confident gentleman with such an exciting, thrilling and rewarding job? And he bought her a mink coat to dress her up to the level way above the women who looked down on her at the restaurant.


When the whole world is hurt by empty promises, I wonder if I'll ever find a woman who'll take my word for it when I say that I'll be there. When the whole world wants to go to heaven, I wonder if any girl will find a man who says he rather set up a shop five feet from hell to rob the pit of its inhabitants and send them to heaven "exciting". When the whole world admires a man who'll buy expensive mink coats for his woman, I wonder if any girl will appreciate having the only jacket on my back around her shoulders. For now.
















I'm a bank robber. I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars... and you. What else you need to know?
-John Dillinger

I'm a hell robber. I like basketball, movies, good clothes, fast trains... and you. What else you need to know? -Valentino Casanova

No comments: